Friday, May 4, 2012

Knock, knock...anyone home?

I have been reading a blog lately that has really given me a kick in the behind. Let me back up...the past few months I have stumbled across, on several occurrences, ads from our local newspaper about an opening for a full time staff writer. After discovering over the past year that my heart no longer lies in pursuing a teaching career I have been yearning to fulfill my degree in the avenue of creative writing, or journalism back where I started as a freshman at pacific university all those years ago! So everytime I see the advertised position at the news argus I just about melt like vanilla ice cream under hot fudge. I am practically out the door on the way to their office to assume the staff writing position and live my dream job! Then I look down to make sure I am wearing impressive shoes and can't see my feet...oh, yes. Thats right I am hard core pregnant. I ran into a gal at my sister in laws salon who I overheard talking about her advertising job at the news argus. Well of course I had to acknowledge my ease dropping and ask her about it. I basically gushed about how achingly I had been coveting the staff writing position but that due to being a stay at home mom and soon to be even more staying at homish, a fourty hour per week job wasn't exactly in the stars at the moment. I told her I hoped the position would remain available until I have finished raising my potential litter of children. She told me I should just talk to the news argus and ask about working from home! What a brilliant and obvious idea! Except I am totally chicken and I know I would have to be exquisite in order for that proposition to be appealing enough for the newspaper to consider! That and I would probably need to get Microsoft word on my laptop since we lost it when we wiped our computer clean. So...back to my opening statement, this blog that Jaxon actually discovered is by an adorable young country gal who documents her life and times on her family's ranch in Wyoming. If I am fantasizing about writing a weekly column about being a ranch wife, why on the lords wonderfully green and prosperous earth am I not doing that very thing? Thank you Double H Photography for hitting me across my dense but of course wonderfully adorned head of hair...and opening my mascara-glued-shut eyes to the very task at hand. Who would hire someone to write a weekly column from the luxury of their home if that said person wasn't writing every week like she ought to be! Now, y'all I am not making any promises. I am only acknowledging the true fact that I have a lot of work to do out here on the Allen ranch and I think I will start by submitting an article to the news argus ranch wife diaries column about feeding our milk cow Gretchen her grain.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Haeli Mae, your writing already is exquisite. You have a lovely voice, and I think you could really cut loose with an opportunity like this! All the love and best wishes, from your Frienda. You've got this in the bag.

    ReplyDelete